Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Play Together

     There is more to golf than just a game.  We all know what takes place during the round as far as relating to good friends.  The fellowship that happens on the course continues long after the round in the nineteenth hole, as the round is hashed over and stories are told. That is the greatness of the game, it's not just a game but a social experience that allows good friends to come together.
     Many times I have gone out to the course by myself.  Usually, I will hook up with three other golfer that are for the most part strangers.  Of those golfers I have met up with this way, many have become good friends. By the end of the round we have gotten to know one another and have related stories of families and other life experiences, not to mention the the golf stories that all golfers tell each other. That is the wonderful nature of golf, not only as a sport but as a social event.
Friends.  You can imagine the conversations.
     I hope to see you out on the course soon.  Maybe we can play together so that I can get to know you better.  I know one thing, as I golfer we can call each other friends and we can enjoy the round together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment