Monday, July 15, 2013

I Made It!

     The deed is done!  I made it and lived to tell the tale.  I survived the 110 degree day in the heat of the afternoon.  Will wonders never cease.  Shot a good round too.
     As a writer, you are never supposed to start a story with "The day was....".  Well, The day was overcast and the heat had not peaked as we teed off.  I was prepared for the heat.  What was unexpected was there was a bit of monsoonal moisture which flowed up from Mexico which made the day very humid.  The temperature was not what you would call comfortable. It was hot and humid, but bearable.
     I came prepared for the heat. My normal hot weather equipment includes a large spray bottle and towels so I can spray myself down with cold water.  This worked for most of the day, even though the humidity was up. I was 13 over at the turn.  Sweating like a pig and hot, but comfortable.
     The clouds disappeared and the temperature began to soar.  It got hotter, and you could feel the temperature leap.  The eighteenth hole was a welcome sight, even though I double bogeyed it to shoot a 96.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment