Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My " Ten Golf Courses I have Driven By On My Way To Somewhere But Couldn't Stop To Play" List Part 2

     I hope you enjoyed my list.  Have you played any of them.  There are a couple of courses I forgot after thinking about it all night.

1.  San Juan Oaks, San Juan Bautista, Ca.: I'm going to play this one, I really am.

2.  Black Lake, Nippomo, Ca.:  How could I have missed this one all these years.  I drive by it a lot.  Maybe I will just have to suck it up and play it.  I can justify playing it and reward myself afterward by going to Jocko's and having a good steak.

3. Rio Vista, Rio Vista, Ca.:  this one is truly almost out in the middle of nowhere.  There is a town there, but the course kind of sneaks up on you as does the town.  Reviews on this course are pretty good, and I hope to play it and review it on my website.

4.  Prim Valley, Nipton, Ca.:  This one is on Interstate 15 on the California/Nevada state border. You guessed it. It is on the road to Las Vegas.  I have played in Las Vegas.  Sometime I promise I wil stop for a day and play here.  Maybe, I will be on my way to Las Vegas you know.

5.  Mare Island, Vallejo, Ca.:  This is supposedly one of the oldest golf courses west of the Misissippi. It used to be a military course, but has been redone and is now open for public play.   I have heard that the views from the course of San Francisco/San Pablo Bay are breathtaking.

6.  Catalina Golf Course, Avalon, Ca.: I wanted to make it official and this one tops my list.

7.  Dryden Park, Modesto, Ca.:  As you are driving north on Ca. Highway 99 through Mosesto you cross the Stanislaus River and to your left on the bluff you see a golf course. This course is actually Modesto Muni, which is a 9 hole tract but down the street is Dryden Park, the 18 hole venue.  My future son-in-law, who is a golf pro, grew up playing that course. I'm going to get there soon as I live 40 miles south.

8.  The Presidio, San Francisco, Ca.:  Someday.

9.  Harding Park, San Francisco, Ca.:  It doesn't hurt to dream, does it.

10.  Sunnyvale Golf Course, Sunnyvale (where else), Ca.:  I have driven by this course on my way to San Francisco or wherever I am going in the South Bay or Penninsula for years.  I am torn as to which way to turn my head, to see the blimp hangars at Moffat Field on one side of US 101, or Sunnyvale Golf Course on the other side. I have been wanting to stop and play this course for a long time.  Its on my bucket list.

     As I travel, I'm sure I will pass many more golf courses and make a mental note that I should come back and play the course some day. I don't know if I will or not, but I hope so. there are so many course and so little time.
       I have a couple of new videos on my website.  One is of Bajamar in Ensenada, Mexico and the other is of historic Sharp Park in Pacifica, California. Go to my website and click on the U-tube Video page and take a look at them. I'm getting better at making them and I am very proud of these two. My website can be found at http://the-golf-course-travel-bag.com. Watch them and let me know what you think. In the meantime, hit 'em long and straight.  Remember, don't leave that birdie putt short.
This was Tanglewood, in Felton, Missouri.  That was a long drive.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment