Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I Am Not Phil

     I am not Phil Mickelson.  I wouldn't want to be because I am happy to be me.  His money would be nice and I do like to fly, but it also presents its own set of problems.  That's not what this is about though.  I am not Phil Mickelson and never will be.  By that I mean my game will never come close to Phil's.  I am an eighteen handicapper and probably never be a single digit handicapper, let alone a scratch golfer. Believe it or not, I am happy with that.
     Most of golfdom is just like me.  For every Phil Mickelson or Dustin Johnson or whoever the pro there are thousands of me.  I am the face of golf.  The three other guys I play with on Mondays and Fridays are golf.  The quarter skins game in which I loose $3.00 a game is golf.  I will never make a $1,000,000 payday and am happy.  I enjoy the game of golf for the golf.  Excuse me, I am out to the course for my 8:00 tee time to contribute my $3.00 to the rest of the guys in the skins game.

No comments:

Post a Comment