Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I Love What I Do

     I love what I do.  As many of you know, I retired from teaching in June.  My decision to do this was not based on staying home and watching television.  I did  not intend to play golf every day, and I don't play that much because I am too busy. My decision was based on the fact that it was time to move on.
     I loved teaching...I love writing even more.  I know that I joke around with friends about what I am doing now.  But it is work.  It is hard work, and I am serious about that statement.  It may seem that going out and playing golf courses as well as finding interesting stories about the golf world is a lot of fun.  I am not going to lie about this, it is.  That's not the end of it and that is where the hard work starts.  The story has to be told and doesn't write itself.
     Yesterday, we got to play Passatiempo in Santa Cruz.  That was the fun part, and I enjoyed chatting with Scott Hoyt the General Manager of Passatiempo.  It is time for me to do the hard stuff and complete what the day was truly about, to share the beauty the history and joy of our experience of  Passatiempo.  My computer screen is bare, and it is time to create and go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment