Thursday, June 20, 2013

Golf Is Life...But So Is Moving and Getting Married

     As I get older, life and golf have a tendency to collide. When they hit, there is a massive crash that can be heard the world over.  Things have a tendency to order themselves into priorities in ways we don't always want them to align.  Sometimes we have to just "suck it up" and be mature about life.
     To be honest, I would rather be out playing golf, especially with my wife. That is not going to happen.  I am going to take the mature road and stay home to do the chores that need to be done here around the house.  We just moved into a house and there is unpacking to do.  The yard beckons.  Oh well, choices and priorities.
     Hey wait a minute.  Something just dawned on me.  I am a golf writer.  That is my job.  Playing golf is part of what I do for a living and work is a very mature thing to do.  It is a great day, the weather is beautiful and I think I am going to go to work.  Where are my sticks?
     What's that dear?  I need to hang the pictures in the living room.  We have to cut the grass and weed the flower beds.  All the moving boxes need to be broken down and placed in the recycle bin.  OK, I'm coming.   Can we play golf tomorrow? We'll see?  O.K.
Here's the first tee and starter.  Haven't seen one of these in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment