Friday, June 28, 2013

I WILL do my duty!

     During the summer, most sane people play golf in the early morning in Fresno before it gets to the normal daily heat.  Temperatures this time of year soar into the mid 100's, so you want to get your round in as early as you can.  Most tee off before 9 A.M., and I prefer dawn patrol and teeing off as the sun is rising.  This means at the golf course with coffee and breakfast in the clubhouse at about 5:45 or earlier.
     I have a solunm (dikshunary time, solemn) duty to you as my readers to bring to you the stories that make golf fun and interesting.  I will go to any and all lengths and risk to get that story or tidbit that I know I should share with you. It takes a lot of courage, but it has to be done. Monday, I will sacrifice myself to you and the gods of golf and play in the oppressive heat of midday. Temperatures are supposed to soar to around 111, so this may turn out to be the supreme sacrifice.  It is after all a selfless act of giving, and all for you.
     Three of us are going to brave the intense heat of day and play a wonderful course in Dinuba, Ca.  I like the course and plan to do a spotlight on it next week with pictures should I survive the ordeal.  As you know, Denise plays golf as well, but she is the sensible one in the group--actually the one who has half a brain--and thinks it is going to be too hot. She refuses to play in such stifling heat--wimp.  I have written the burial instruction and funeral requests should I expire on the heated plain of battle--uh course.  Sorry, I'm getting a bit too carried away.
     I pan to drink a lot of water between then and now and hydrate myself.  I know that there is the possibility of heat stroke, so I will be very careful. I still have some gift certificate money left over from the wedding so I plan to go to Home Depot and buy one of those cool towels and see if they work.  I will let you know.  Maybe this is a good opening to the company to seek an endorsement for the product.  I do need sponsors if I am going to make the rent.
     Wish me luck---I'm going in!
I will have this on my mind on Monday as I play in the 111 degree heat  Monday.  Oh,  I forgot it was hot there too.

   
       

No comments:

Post a Comment