Monday, January 23, 2012

Golf Morro Bay With Family and Friends

     Monday January 16, 2012 just happened to be Martin Luther King's birthday.. I thought I would put the day to good use and make good on a Christmas present I gave my son-in-law and a birthday present for my youngest daughter.  I gave them a round of golf at Morro Bay Golf Course and a dinner at Jocko's Steakhouse in Nippomo, California. Joining us for the day were my future son-in-law (I hope) Kyle and his father Bill.
     Morro Bay Golf Course is a course located in the town of Morro Bay and overlooks the town and the Harbor's famous Morrow Rock and Bay.  It is situated ouside of down and sits on a sort of hill.  The greens are small and tricky.  The views from the course of the bay, the rock and the beaches is outstanding.  It is a classic course dating back to the twenties, and I find it a kick to play.     
     Bill and Kyle had never played the course, and that fact can be a bit of a disadvantage as far as scoring and putting.  Bill was talking to himself as the round progressed.  I will admit that the greens are hard to read, and you must know where the mountains are and where the ocean is. The ball breaks, as with most coastal corses, away from the mountain toward the ocean.  One problem though is that the course is on a bit of a penninsula.







No comments:

Post a Comment