Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ryder Rents Trucks

     I know that it is going be very easy to second guess David Love III and his captaincy of the Ryder Cup Team.  I understand what he is going through as well as the American Team.  I have played a lot of match play, and it can be very trecherous. I know what it is like to have your knees knock over that one foot putt to win the match and the game.  Even though match play is a kick to play, it can turn a sane man into a pile of cream of wheat.  You must have nerves of steel, and if you do happen to have the match that can win the game for your team and miss that two footer for birdie and the team looses.  You feel terrible, the round could have been the best of your life but you lost and the team lost. They was counting on you.
     I suffered today when Lefty got beat by losing the last two holes and Jim Furyk also lost the last two holes and his match. The pain is excruciating.  Don't criticize them, you don't know what the pressure is like.  Give them a break, match play is a different animal. The press will be merciless on them.
     Take it from me, a guy who played two team matches this year.  I used to be a killer match player.  I got beat 4-3 twice this year.  It is not fun.  Don't condemn until you have walked a mile in some else's moccasins.    

No comments:

Post a Comment