Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Its a Tough Life, But Someone Has To Do It

     Please don't think any less of me.  Its not like I chose what I do.  It kind of fell in my lap.  Playing golf courses and traveling sort of just evolved.  Sometimes life steers you on a course that you just can't alter.  That is how it has been with my golf writing.  When the road opens up a hole in front of you that you just can't go around, you just have to fall into it.  That's what happened here. Don't get mad at me, I had to do it and had no choice.
    I tried, I really did try.  I gave up golf for almost a year.  I suspended my blog http://davidralliswrites.blogspot.com for almost a year.  As you can see, that did not work and I have started playing again as well as starting two more blogs, this one and http://travelthewestwithdave.blogspot.com.  Am I a glutton for punishment?  I guess it is my destiny. Don't envy me, pity me.  I am stuck.  You don't know the burden that has been placed on me of being brilliant and entertaining.  It is almost a curse.  Sometimes, as those of you know, I hit it out of the park and sometimes I foul out on the first pitch.  Hmmm...another blog on baseball?  Nahhhhh....
     I hope you understand that what I have said here is all tongue in cheek and I am not trying to boast or blog.  Those who know me understand that I am a very humble person who is very uncomfortable tooting his own horn.  Also, I don't just play golf and write about it.  My life is full of other things as well.
     What time is it by the way?  I don't want to miss my 7:30 tee time.  Oh, its late and I must go. It is a tough life, but somebody has to do it.  Enjoy these pictures in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment