Thursday, September 11, 2014

Get Fit and Play Better Golf--Part 2

     In yesterday's blog I talked about the importance of improved fitness and how that is important to your golf game.  At this point, I want to make it clear that you don't have to become an Olympic athlete, just take steps to improve your health and physical well being.  As I said before, this is important.  I have taken those steps and even though yesterday was my second workout, I feel great.  Yes, a little sore, but it's a good sore.
     Right now, my game probably won't show signs of improvement because of my working out.  Besides, I'm not playing that much right now, about once or twice a month.  Yes, I know that is not enough golf and especially for a guy that is so involved in golf. I should be out playing, but I'm not. At any rate, back to conditioning in golf and what I did.
     As I said earlier, I lost 60 pounds.  Most of this was done by working out three times a week on a program of stretching, cardio and circuit training.  The great part of this was that I did this gradually and my exercise routine caused me a minimum of sore muscles. The goals I set for myself were tone, flexibility and weight loss. During this time I pretty much ate what I wanted and when I wanted but cut down on the amounts.  I controlled my portions and consciously left food on my plate. I did change my food choices adding more fruits and vegetables.  Sugar was not forbidden, but I made the concerted effort to just not eat sweets and cut down on sugar.
     Diet sodas are a waste to me. I eliminated them for one very important practical reason.  They just didn't quench my thirst.  I would drink one or have a glass of soda, and I was still thirsty. What I would do is make a pitcher of  water and add some crystal light to it.  I know Crystal Light has Asparatame in it as do diet sodas, but I was told that was ok and I also increased my intake of plain water as well--with lemon juice of course.  
    How did all of this and the weight loss change my game.  I will talk about this in my next blog.
Take some time to look at the sponsors I have on this blog. I am really impressed with Luggage Forward. Wouldn't it be great to have your luggage and precious golf clubs delivered directly to your hotel or cabin door wherever you are traveling?  Luggage Forward will do that for you. Take a look at their service as well as the other services.
    That's it for now.  Hit 'em long and straight...don't leave that birdie putt short.
I the short good looking guy on the right, sixty pounds heavier of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment