Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Get Fit and Play Better Golf

     I know that I am the last person to preach fitness and its importance in golf.  It's really funny though that I don't take my own advice. You have to tune up your body in order to play good golf.  It is just that simple.  Do I do this, no. I have decided that it is time to return to the gym and work out, not only for my golf game but for my overall health.
     Three years ago I took up the banner and ran with it. It was time to loose weight and get more fit.  Not literally, I am allergic to running and always have been. I'm not built for speed, being a plow horse not a race horse.  My PE coach used to time me with a calendar in the mile. I am bulky and built low to the ground. I don't run. However, I don't mind walking on a treadmill for thirty or forty minutes. As a result of going to the gym and taking care of myself, I lost 60 pounds.
     I'll have more of this story in my next post. In the meantime, don't forget to go to my website at http://the-golf-course-travel-bag.com and check out the site.  I am going to be playing Catalina Golf Course on Tuesday of next week and will have a video of it up for you to look at the following week. I am excited about playing there, as you know.
     That's it for today.  Remember, hit 'em long and straight. Please don't leave that birdie putt short.
Me at 300 pounds before I lost the 60 pounds. I felt great after the weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment