Sunday, September 28, 2014

Ryder Cup Thoughts--Part 2

     Again, I will be honest with you.  I have not been following the Ryder Cup matches that closely. The conclusion that I think I am coming to is that the Europeans are handing the Americans another bitter defeat. This seems to be the rule these days in Ryder Cup competition.
    Last night I turned on the Golf Channel to see just what the score was and it wasn't pretty.  I didn't catch the score but what I did catch was that The Americans had to win 8 out of 12 matches in today's single matches. I must say that it is not impossible, but a miracle at best. I hate to be a skeptic, but that is WIN 8 matches.  A halve won't help. I do wish the American team luck and have them start thinking about two years from now when the Ryder Cup Matches return to the U.S.
     I do remember the time when we dominated the Europeans. Our string of Ryder Cup victories was long but so was the America's Cup string of victories which of course was broken. Dominance in sports, any sports is hard to achieve in our times. Eventually, the competition will swing the other way and we Americans will be enjoying a string of Ryder Cup victories.  If not a string of victories then at least achieve a balance of wins between The United States and The European Team.
     Got to run to church now. So, hit 'em long and straight. Don't leave that birdie putt short.
Go out and play golf today.  Good luck USA in the Ryder Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment